Friday, August 11, 2006

fight back!

i just read a short article about widespread rudeness in america today (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14235322/), and the author concluded it was because of celebrities and their 'me first/me only' attitude.

it used to be that people aspired to having 'class'. not so, these days. and this man says he's had it up to here with all that crap and he isn't playing into that sick syndrome any longer.

"I’m not going to run around trying to fix the awful people, upbraiding wrongdoers like a one-man clean-up crew. No more righteous indignation, no more flipping off selfish drivers, no more yelling at old guys bugging me...It’s bad for my blood pressure...So I’m going to observe the speed limit, I’m going to alert the usher, I’m going to say “Oh by all means, you go first,” when very important nobodies barge into line at the supermarket, yammering into their Motos about all the important nothing they have to say. I’m going to quietly resist the culture of entitlement but I won’t let it get me down anymore. I’ve got too much classy living to do."

hear, hear! a touch of class all around, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment