Friday, September 15, 2006

O L H

i got an update from my brother on our dad. here's what he said:

"Today Dad moved into the new place. Crestview is in Milford, it is a very nice place. He went in quietly and the only time I saw him he was smiling and joking with the nurse. I didn't spend any time talking to him because when I finished signing the papers, which took about 50 minutes, he was sleeping. He will have a lot more room to roam, more people to joke with, and more access to the great outdoors. They have a wristlet on him to let them know if he goes out. They have more caregivers per resident so they think they'll be able to keep up with him. I wish them luck. His behavior has improved with the new regimen of medication."

this whole alzheimer's thing just sucks. he's gone, yet he's not. puhleeeeeeze do not allow me to go through that. even if we have to go to switzerland or amsterdam or somewhere, let's do me in and cut the sadness short.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:44 PM

    It was very reassuring to me when Dad had dementia, and then had surgery on his parathyroid and slowly regained a lot of his memory,that a lot of what we thought was "lost" was recovered. It just made me think that intelligence is never gone or wasted, just "temporarily disconnected." Hope that thought might reassure you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, no i can't say that it does although i very much appreciate your comment. maybe i simply don't understand what you're saying.

    the whole alzheimer's thing is just so permanent. but believing in multiple lives and that we retain what we gain from each life, that makes it a little more acceptable. thanks for your thoughts, linda.

    ReplyDelete