Thursday, May 24, 2007

my dad

i got this note from one of my brothers this evening:

Today I checked Dad into the emergency ward of St. Elizabeth with pneumonia. He developed a respiratory infection a couple days ago, I asked this morning if he had pneumonia and was told no. About an hour later they called to say his lungs seemed to be filling up, they had him on oxygen, and they wanted me to ok sending him to the hospital. I did, they did, and then I wondered if I should have. This is tricky business. His wishes were not to have his life prolonged beyond a certian level of quality, as you know. I believe we have discussed this sufficiently, and my feeling is that we see it the same way. Still some decisions have to be made, and after seeing him at the hospital I feel I did the right thing by saying yes. He still may not survive this, but they can do more for his comfort at the hospital than at the home. I'll keep you posted.

losing someone just sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment