Tuesday, May 29, 2007

my Dad

Dad was moved out of the hospital today. my brother B sent me a note this evening bringing me sadly up-to-date:

We moved Dad to Tabitha today. Yesterday his Dr. said he wouldn't move him unless he seemed pretty strong. This morning another Dr. said he seemed so strong they might move him by van. I went to see him this morning late and he seemed comatose. Someone from Tabitha later told me she insisted he be moved by ambulance. When he got to Tabitha they said he will not last the night. So, we all gathered to say goodby, as he breathed on, and I thought, he'll still be here tomorrow night. We are all the 5 blind men trying to describe the elephant. He goes through stages during the day. In the early part he opens his eyes and talks, seems coherent, but makes no sense. Later he just sleeps and breathes. He is not suffering, he is just leaving slowly, because he has great strength, and loves life.

No comments:

Post a Comment