Monday, May 07, 2007

umm ... pardon me

underwear makes mischief from time-to-time. there was that once when the queen mother (or one of the royals) was walking along on some international mission and her underpants fell down, so one of her aides picked them up and discreetly made them disappear. what aplomb!

today my pantyhose decided to be ornery. you need to know first-of-all that, even though most of the women i've known have worn their pantyhose over their panties, i've always worn them under my panties, right next to my skin. why? because way back in high school one of the older sales ladies at miller and paine's told me that was the best way to wear them. at any rate, today the new pair i wore to work decided to naughtily start inching their way down from my waist. since i was quite busy and kept being engaged in conversation by cohorts, i could not get away to the restroom to rectify the situation, so ...

when i was told to go to lunch, they had effectively dropped below my navel in front and half-way down my behind. by the time i walked down two flights of stairs and was one-third of the way to my car, the impish pair had gleefully rolled completely below my torso. at that point the only thing keeping them from joining my feet was that they were trapped by my underpants.

ahem. thank you, sales lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment