Thursday, April 03, 2008

whoa!

i do a lot of online shopping. yes, we're only twenty minutes away (outskirts to outskirts) from a large town which has lots of shopping, but ... meh. i'd rather do it online if i can.

of course, i'm talking about clothes here. i decided to check around and see what i could find in the way of earth shoes, which i really like. i have shopped from planetshoes.com and doddsshoe.com and been happy with both.

i'd heard a little about zappos.com but had forgotten about them until they came up in a search tuesday evening. i decided to give them a try and ordered a cute pair of earth shoes. since standard shipping was free i was feeling good about things. made my order at 6:45 pm and settled back with a book. after a little bit my e-mail confirmation came through.

about three hours later another e-mail came through saying they had bumped up my processing and upgraded my shipping time. this was tuesday night, remember.

imagine my astonishment when my shoes arrived the next day! not even 24 hours had gone by!

yeah, yeah -- i know they did this just because it was my first time shopping with them and they wanted to grab my attention, but hey! they did!

i will probably shop with them again and see how they do the next time.

gees! less than 24 hours!! impressive!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:53 PM

    That's pretty awesome! How are the shoes?

    If you're interested in a totally random supply of quirky stuff and (more importantly) you want to burn a LOT of time browsing things, Aimee enjoys etsy.com.

    I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh cool. i'll have to check out that site.

    the shoes -- i don't really care for the way they fit around my toes ... a little snugger than the other styles they've made. i think they're going for a younger crowd instead of the chunky, duck-foot crowd. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete