Saturday, July 05, 2008

surfing

i haven't visited this web site in a long time -- http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/

I Still Think She Was Just Fat from Eating
Woman #1 - “She wastes so much time at work. Did you ever notice she eats lunch, like, every day?”
Woman #2 - “Yeah, and do you really have to take maternity leave?”

I Can Feel My Pores Loosening Again
Girl to friend (smiling) - “I am so happy to have gone to the spa!”
Angry preacher passing by (screaming) - “You are all going to hell!”
Girl to friend (no longer smiling) - “I didn't need to hear that.”

We Heart This Guy
Awkward Japanese teacher - “So you guys use text messages, right? Like... L-O-L?”
(students look confused)
(awkward Japanese teacher laughs)
Student, proudly - “I know: L-O-L sensei!”
Awkward Japanese teacher - “Oh em gee.”

We Don't Serve That Here
Customer - “A hot coffee, please.”
Cashier - “Huh?”

Suit - “I think you would really like As Good As It Gets.”
Woman - “Is that the one with Jennifer Aniston?”
Suit - “No, it's Helen Keller.”

No comments:

Post a Comment