Saturday, March 14, 2009

ohmygawd! what a couple of weeks!!

first i flew to indianapolis on a sunday (took from when I left for the airport around 7:15 am until i checked into the hotel around 11:30 pm), then the next day i started getting sick and for the following two days coughed and blew my nose every few minutes. my poor classmates!! i coughed into kleenex and didn't touch anything except my computer, and tried to keep to myself, but gees!

my voice pretty much disappeared and reappeared as a bull-frog lusting after a mate. a bull-frog who was losing his voice.

i drank two bottles of liquid both morning and afternoon to keep things in my system as watered-down as i could. and as soon as i got back to my room i went right to bed but i actually didn't get much rest. not much food got eaten for a couple of days. and i didn't get to see ANY of indianapolis! cripes!

thursday i headed home -- left the hotel around 7:15 and got back to my house at midnight-thirty! it was horrible. horizon cancelled the flight from seattle to up here and i had to sit in that dang airport for seven hours while i waited for another plane. at least i got lucky in being able to get on that flight -- it was the last one and i just simply did not have the energy to handle any other problems.

i called in sick on friday and the following monday and only worked part of the day on tuesday. i fumbled through the rest of the week and have finally, a week later, pretty much gotten over this hellacious cold. i have never in my whole life had a cold this bad. hopefully i never will again!

and i really wanted to check out downtown indy! dangit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment