Sunday, July 05, 2009

what did they do in the old days?

i haven't been able to use my shower for two weeks. apparently a person is supposed to take-out-old and put-in-new grout in your shower every year or so. i never heard of that until recently and we hired a guy to do it.

he kept breaking drill bits and after about the 9th one, he just filed them down and kept using them. it finally got taken care of and new grout put in, but then i had to wait until it dried.

and dust! ohmygod, i may never get all the dust cleaned up. that replace-the-grout theory may just disappear from my data base.

and yes, i have taken showers. i used the guest shower which isn't nearly as nice as mine. for one thing the really cool large flat many-holed shower head is set about 7 feet high which means even though it dispurses nicely, since i'm about 5'4" one drop of water may hit my eyebrow, while another one hits my knee. i mean, gees. it takes forever to get all of me wet, then soaped, then rinsed.

so yes, i'm glad to have that project over with and be back in my nice cozy big shower with a shower head just perfect for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment