Saturday, March 20, 2010

snip, snip

i got my hair cut today. the significance of that statement is that it's been about 17 years since someone besides myself has cut my hair. have i let it grow long? have i had training cutting hair? am i good at cutting hair? no, no, and no. but, i'd gotten fed up with trying to find someone who could cut it well, so i'd taken to doing it myself.

for a number of years it looked okay, sometimes even good. but lately no matter what i try to do to it, it just hasn't looked right. so i took a chance and went to a gal who's the manager of a beauty academy nearby. she's also the sister of a gal i work with and i've heard a lot about her and seen her work.

i like the cut i got. it's not exactly the way i'd have done it if it'd had the same know-how, but it's a good cut and i can work with it. it'll be interesting to see how long it is before i get to thinking i should do it myself again. let's hope that doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment