Saturday, July 28, 2012

a great gift

i have discovered etsy!

that doesn't mean i have just discovered it .... MYS/W have told me about it for several years, but it has only been in the last few weeks that i have availed myself of its offerings. and, really, everyone should -- it's home-grown folks doing their thing and putting them up for sale. the new daughter-in-law offers her embroidery on that site.

so i recently needed a going-away gift for one of my favorite bosses and when i actually got my head together enough to think about it, there was only barely a week left. i looked on etsy to see what was there in the guitar pick line. my boss plays guitar (and has ever since high school) as well as doing motorcycle things. i don't know all that much about either, but when i decided (my spiritual guide must have directed me) to see what i could see about picks, i ran across this extraordinary item....
these are five guitar picks made out of wood, bone, and stone. and they are beautiful. my boss was very surprised and pleased with the gift and showed them around to a number of people. and it turned out to be a two-hug worthy gift.

i felt lucky that i had made a good choice. the people on etsy that i bought them from had been scheduled to go on vacation about the time i needed the order, but they somehow got them made and shipped to me to arrive on the exact day i needed them. i wrote my appreciation. and i can't help but feel it was meant to be. the stars are aligned.

No comments:

Post a Comment