Monday, November 19, 2012

ah, well, styles change. i've been trying to decide what to do about my hair. i have cut it myself for the last 17 years (no training, no, just grit) and it's getting harder to hold my arms up in my old age. so i went to a gal for about six months recently, but she was cutting it into an unflattering style and when we left to go to MYS's wedding this summer, i had to cut some off, just to tame it, because she was on vacation. so .... back to doing it myself.

it's actually pretty easy to do. you just cut it all the same length! ha! no worries. but, of course, in an effort to save my arms, i cut it really short. and then wait a looooong time while it grows out. after the wedding was one of those times when i cut it really short and i just now trimmed some off the bottom. four months later. and it doesn't look too bad.

but my hair's changing as i get older. it is very much into doing its own thing. when i wake up, it stands up three or four different places. the husband laughs. and when i get ready for work, it's as likely to look nice and fluffy as it is to go completely flat and straight. sometimes i despair.

but i'm doing things i haven't done before. just now i was tired of it being on my forehead so i braided my bangs. look nice. or they would if you could see them. the hairs are about two inches long so they aren't the best for a beginning braider. but, hey. i'm at home, settled in for the evening, the husband is watching football. no worries.

is that smoke i smell?

2 comments:

  1. linda3:12 PM

    You're right about hair changing with age. I've lost a lot of natural curl--not too sad about that. But I would really enjoy seeing your two-inch forehead braids...hope you'll send me a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, a picture? well, i'll have to braid it again, maybe in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete