Sunday, February 12, 2006

i have been getting soooo smart! it all started a couple of days ago when livejournal administrators decided they wanted to offer their bloggers the chance to buy virtual flowers or a virtual box of candy to send to another lj blogger for valentine's day. the cost was $1 and up, but the graphics were absolutely terrible so ... uh, whyyyy should we?

by the time i saw the post, there had been more than 300 comments made in response. i read all of them -- with most of the people saying why would we do that or your graphics are terrible or fix the problems first and other people saying how cute. then i added my own comment, "and we can use virtual money, right?" (i use lj occasionally.)

later in the day i got a notice of a comment to my comment, so i checked out the site which had gone from 4 pages of comments to 15 -- over 1100 remarks! (and now there are 1445 remarks in more than 18 pages.) let me share the comments that people made in response to mine:


administrator's post entitled Corniest Feature EVAR --
me: and we can use virtual money, right?
rightforyou: LMAO. Love it.
glowing dragon: Haha, I wish!
artsyfanson97: BEST COMMENT. YOU WIN.
artfuldodger: I think we should be able to use francs <[crossed out] franks (an inside joke)
impish nymph: You own.
liliths nymph: :D
lovelie cake: You = teh shit.

uhhh, i own? i the shit?? ww-what? so i e-d My Youngest Son and he saved the day, as follows:

when i asked about you own, he said, "Hahaha -- they meant "you own" as in "Ooooo! That guy totally got owned!" -- or, in leet-speak, "That guy totally got pwn3d!" -- meaning, in other words, you made a comment which was so good that you clearly won the argument. (The 'got owned' sense of course would be describing someone who clearly lost the argument.)"

~and~

when i later said, "??? i = the shit ??? is that bad? is she dissing me?", he replied, "No, that's a compliment, too. Search for "the shit" either here
(http://www.uic.edu/orgs/kbc/hiphop/slang.htm) or here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_slang). I got to both sites by doing a Google search for slang "the shit". I also suspect her use of "teh" was intentional for aforementioned reasons.
Peace out"

so, my peeps, that zerg rush, kekeke, pwned m3 bu+ mj n(_) 1337 sk1iiz w1ii buj m3 4 can of pwn4ge!!!11!eleventyone!!1!!! w00t

i feel -- tickled
and i'm enjoying
Digital Analog Band playing Dream On


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:41 PM

    U rul3z ROFLMAO OMGWTF 4eva!!1

    Oh, and in keeping with the pwned generation, I bring you Teen Girl Squad, Episode 10!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:44 PM

    "so, my peeps, that zerg rush, kekeke, pwned m3 bu+ mj n(_) 1337 sk1iiz w1ii buj m3 4 can of pwn4ge!!!11!eleventyone!!1!!! w00t"


    I'd be embarrassed that I can understand that, if only I didn't think my ability to do so was so hawt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygod -- strongbad rulz!!111!!

    and YOU roxor, b4b3 111!!!oneonetyone!!1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:25 AM

    WHAT?!
    Blub gub a nub sub, dawg. Yo smoe a gogo joe foe no mo do ho, bro. Po

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Happy V-day I lvoe you.

    ReplyDelete