Monday, July 17, 2006

the ages

Stone Age:
“Gronkk.”
“Mufft.”

Ancient Greece:
“Sister, Agdonimumis has bedded me and Father says I must go with him. I will miss you.”
“And I will miss you, Heclevariottus.”

Medieval Times:
“Victoria, that dreadful Duke has offered for me and Father has accepted. Alas, I am doomed. I will miss you, my dear dear friend.”
“Oh Elizabeth, the darkness struggles to hide the sun, but rainbows always appear. I shall pray for you all of my life.”

Old West:
“Matilda, I am so happy. Matthew has approached Father to ask for my hand.”
“Oh Prudence, that is so fortunate. He is a fine man and we will get to see each other at church every Sunday.”

1960’s:
“Katie, the neatest thing just happened. Todd asked me to marry him. And then he finally kissed me! He’s such a dreamboat.”
“Oh Annie, I always thought he was such a square, but he’s turned out real ducky. I’m happy for you, kiddo.”

1980’s:
“Whoa, it's, like, awesome, you know? I mean, Dudette, he’s gnarly to the max and, like, we’re all, like, classic, you know? So, like, significant others and all, like. It’s just way cool!”
“As if. No way. Get outta here. You and the Steve? Hey Babe, like, that’s, like, so cool. I’m all ohmygod. That is so totally no problem.”

2000’s:
“W00t!11! Ownage, Betts, teh man is mien.”
“Teh shit, girl! Trixy move! Thet roxor 4evar!1!!1!

Some time in the future:
“Gronkk.”
“Mufft.”

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Very clever with a high degree of accuracy.

    ReplyDelete