Sunday, November 19, 2006

no formal training

i've been cutting my hair for about eleven years -- it usually ends up looking okay and every once-in-a-while it looks good. it's been looking pretty scraggly the last couple of days so yesterday i cut it, hoping to refine my latest style.

ohmygod. it looks terrible. and i'm not exaggerating. it's really bad. i am very tempted to give myself a buzz and start over clean. even the husband casually asked if i still had any of my 1970's wigs around.

ultimately it's no biggee, 'cause it'll grow out, but thursday we've got to go visiting for thanksgiving -- son and daughter-in-law are having the first big get-together in their new house! i'd just feel better about it if my hair didn't look so awful. i can hear you saying "well it won't be so bad since you won't have to look at it." yes, but...

what's that you say now? have i had barber skills training? well, no -- i spent my time getting a bachelor's and being an air traffic controller. you mean you're supposed to have training?

No comments:

Post a Comment