Thursday, August 16, 2007

maybe i should retire. oh, wait ...

today was a stressful day. one of the new tasks they've given me has taken up a LOT of my time lately. i simply HAVE to get this one particular job done for another boss, but something always comes along which has temporary precedence. so, tomorrow i am going to get a few little things out of the way then finish up 'this particular job' and have it completed before i go home at 4:30. i will try to stay cool and calm and take lots of deep, relaxing breaths.

opposing that thought however is this: my boss sent me an e-mail wondering if i'd be interested in heading up the united way fund this year. me interested?? hell nooooooooooooooooo!!!!! i would totally hate doing that and if i am 'encouraged' to do it anyway, it will totally stress me out. she wanted to talk to me about it tomorrow so we'll see what she says.

i plan to start a new habit of recalling the wonderful advice My Older Son gave me recently -- "Remember to slow down and take care of yourself."

like taking deep breaths ... relaxing breaths ... (and maybe turning off the phones)

No comments:

Post a Comment