Wednesday, March 26, 2008

libraries from home

i sent an e-mail to the head of the library system in our county last week. i told her how much my dad had encouraged me to use libraries and that my kids and i had used them, too. then i explained how much i really disliked the interface we're using here in this county. i closed by saying that i appreciated having a library to use.

she replied, thanking my for my letter at length, closing with that she'd like to have one of her computer people meet with me at the library to discuss my problems. i replied back, suggesting the person might prefer to meet me here at the house so we could discuss at leisure.

today the person came by. she was a nice gal, about 7-8 years younger than i, and very low-key. i enjoyed our discussion, which ended up taking 50-60 minutes or so. she listened to my irritations, asked for my opinion of competing systems (we checked out three others), and gave me some tips to help with the truly yucky system we have.

bonus tip: she gave me a great idea for the hubby's birthday present -- the big day is coming up in about two weeks. smiles all around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment