Sunday, March 16, 2008

life and times

there are five of us in my group at work, although i have an office in the building on the east end of the third floor and they work in an office on the west end.

friday i was in their office arranging names on a large board when mr billy goat gruff smiled and innocently offered me some of the luscious buttery popcorn he had just microwaved. well honestly, i thought, that's like offering a drink to a wino. but i straightened my spine, turned back to my work, and quoted, "get thee behind me ...". mr gruff shot me a quizzical look (i mean, did he never go to church?) and queried, "get thee behind me?" so i adjured "... satan."

m, the gal who went to school at doane, totally cracked up. "she called you satan" she said, laughing for the next five minutes. mr gruff shot me a look and said, "get thee behind me satan? just remember payback is hell."

No comments:

Post a Comment